Wellspring Holistic Center would like to thank everyone that came to our Open House and Art Sale this past weekend.
It was a great success! There were many Free mini treatments given to our community of loved ones old and new by wonderful practitioners, Martha Heise, Cynthia DeMeglio, and Cindy Ace. Gift certificates are still available for holiday stocking stuffers!
The arts and crafts were beautifully displayed and many people found a unique gift for that special someone. Anita Bondi (jewelry), Louise Bowman (organic soaps, salves, tinctures), Susan Bradford (mandalas, baskets), John Lenz (hand hooked wool rugs), and Jill Cantor ( pottery) are grateful for all of the support and remind everyone that there is still time to shop! Contact them personally for more individual attention.
There were lots of organic gluten free treats as well many requests for recipes. We will post several over the next week. Today, Louise is sharing the almond “feta”. It was delicious on crackers and we were also enjoying it on raw vegetables. A very versatile appetizer for any holiday table. Enjoy!
The original recipe came from Delicious Living and was developed by Marcy Miller, cofounder of Organic Sandwich Company in Boulder, Colorado.
Almond Feta Dip
You will need:
• 4 cups raw almonds
• 1½ cups water
• 1 cup lemon juice
• ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 4 cloves garlic
• 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons salt
1. Rinse almonds in cold water. Place in a large bowl and add water to cover. Cover and let stand overnight. Drain and rinse almonds, discarding soaking water.
2. Transfer almonds to a food processor. Add water, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and salt. Cover and process 4 or 5 minutes until puréed. Cover and chill.
Now most of you know by now that I cannot follow a recipe. So of course I made some changes.
- I used 3 cups raw almonds and 1 cup cashew
- only 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice and 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- no garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
Feel free to try both recipes. I am sure it will be enjoyed by all no matter which recipe you follow.
Next Up: Candied Orange and Ginger cookies