Merry Mambo Munch
This was another great recipe that I found in a magazine. It was just an add for “Enjoy Life Foods” products, but it caught my eye and I had to try it. I love chocolate, like so many people, and healthy, good for you, dark chocolate is even better! Here is the original recipe:
Makes approximately 1 sheet pan
- 1-6 oz bag Enjoy Life Foods Mountain Mambo Seed & Fruit Mix
- 1½ C. Enjoy Life Foods Crunchy Flax with Chia Cereal
- 1½ C. Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips
- ½ t. vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine Seed & Fruit Mix and Crunchy Flax cereal.
- Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave. Add oil into the chocolate.
- Pour melted chocolate over the Seed & Fruit Mix/Cereal combination and immediately spread thin on a parchment or lined baking sheet.
- Cool in the freezer or in the refrigerator.
- When completely cool and hard, break into pieces and serve immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
I had a difficult time finding the Enjoy Life Foods Crunchy Flax with Chia cereal so I substituted this:
I also could not find the Enjoy Life Foods Mountain Mambo Seed and Fruit mix so I bought another seed and fruit mix that was around the same size that I needed and used that instead. I had doubled the batch which meant I did not have quite enough of the cereal so I added some Perky’s Nutty Rice.
Which I just realized is similar to the product that they want you to use –
Basically, anything you decide to use that will add crunch, is going to be good. You may want to make some to give to friends, but I would encourage you to make a double batch because once you taste it, you are going to want some for yourself. Enjoy!