Many of us are choosing to stay in. Unless there is an absolute need to travel outside of the house, (e.g. Louise is headed to University of CT to pick up her daughter as colleges around the country are closing for weeks or the entire rest of the semester)it is advised to stay in and be a part of the effort to contain the COVID-19 virus.
Communal responsibility is a big part of this. Here is a great visual from PBS News.
We can do our part. We can be well informed and promote safety for ourselves, our loved ones, and the at risk in our communities. This is important even if we ourselves feel healthy and strong. This excellent article explains the difference between COVID-19 and the flu.
Wellspring Holistic Center continues to take the job of boosting your health and well-being very seriously during this time. We are wiping, wiping, wiping and washing, washing, and washing. This is not to be light or flippant about any of this, but sometimes a small chuckle goes a long way to boosting immunity! For now, we are limiting our exposure outside of our office to only essentials for the safety and care of our patients.
We also want to remain informed and help you navigate all the info out there.
Here are 10 things you can do to help boost your health (in no particular order):
- set a timer and see what 20 sec. really is while washing your hands.
- plan to stay home. operative word: plan – have fun making a list of things you would like to do that you haven’t given yourself permission to do. make sure some of them make you laugh!
- go out for a walk, even if that is just around your property. with safe social distancing practices you need to keep 6 ft. between you and another.
- breathe deeply. breathe in through your nose and make sure your belly fills with air. imagine your belly is a balloon and watch it blow up and empty as you exhale fully through your nose or mouth.
- drink 8-10 glasses of filtered water today and every day after today. Hydration is key.
- learn something new – here is a good article on the virus and taking your health into your own hands.
- practice becoming mindful. here is a one minute meditation you can do many times a day.
- turn off the TV. stop watching the news for a few hours. less stress = better immunity.
- take a break from constantly checking your phone. decision fatigue is a real thing.
- refrain from sugar for a couple of days( it weakens not only your immune system, but other important systems that regulate your hormones) – that is probably one of the greatest gifts you can give your body in the next week.
Anita and Louise
Co-directors – Wellspring Holistic Center