There are many different kinds of fasts out there: water fasts, the master cleanse, the cabbage soup dietary fast, bone broth fasts, and any number of detoxification fasts. What they all have in common is you can begin them at any time no matter what you eat on a daily basis or how healthy or unhealthy you are. In other words, one day you are eating McDonald’s and the next day you are doing nothing but drinking spicy lemonade (the master cleanse).
We do not believe, based on our combined 53 years in the field of holistic health and integrative medicine, that this is a good idea or game plan.
What will that actually do for a person? Will there be any lasting effects?
That depends on what you want. If you want to reset after a vacation or the holidays, a fast may be ok. You will lose some water weight and reduce your toxic load.
If you want to make a lasting change, that will not work.
We are offering a lasting change, or at least a good shot at it, with our Fasting Mimicking Mindfulness Program (FMMP).
So what exactly does this FMMP entail?
The program begins with a 3 week preparation phase that includes:
- Dietary recommendations that eliminate inflammatory foods to help your body prepare for the 5-day fast
- Goal setting worksheets to help you to stop and think about why you are doing the program, what you hope to accomplish, and what changes you want to make in your life once it is completed
- Introduction to mindfulness to help you get started with a daily practice and audio recordings to do each day
- A zoom meeting to meet your fellow participants and ask any questions as we embark on the 3 week preparation phase
- The establishment of a participant email support group that will be monitored by Anita and Louise along with private email options
- A copy of all of the recipes needed for the 5-day fast that you can prepare ahead of time and freeze, along with a shopping list for ease
The next 2 weeks include:
- The 5-day fasting mimicking mindfulness program with what to eat daily plus meditation and mindfulness practices for AM and PM
- A zoom party to celebrate your accomplishments and talk about your experience
- Recommendations for coming off the fast
- Post mindfulness practices
- One week for follow up questions and concerns related to implementing your goals and practices
The FMMP is more than just abstaining from food and drink; it is an invitation to go inward and take some time with and for yourself. It is a complete program that will offer you benefits beyond the actual 5-day fasting period. It is designed to engage you on all PEMS levels (physical, emotional, mental and spiritual) in order to gain health and wholeness
” As a first time FMMP participant, I expected this to be challenging. But the foods were DELICIOUS and filling. Anita’s and Louise’s daily guidance was invaluable, and I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again.” Karen
We look forward to having you join us on this exciting, life-changing journey! Sign up here now. Or call for more info 570-421-3708.
Anita and Louise